Student Blogging Challenge Week 1

Hello world,

This October I will be completing a challenge called the Student Blogging Challenge. This will mean that I have to complete a few tasks each week. This is a challenge open to anyone with a blog (they could be from anywhere in the world). This week our challenge is to describe how we are different or the same in real life comapred to online.

In the first activity of this weeks tasks I have to compare my behaviour on edublogs in comparison to my behaviour online. I belive that my behaviour online and in real life are remarkably similar. Personally I don’t think that if you have a blog you shouldn’t lie about you self. My posts are all about what I love and am passionate about. If I pretended I was someone else I would find it extremelly difficult as I am an honest person. Though there are some slight differences. At home and school I am extremelly chatty and crazy. Online I am a little more suttle for your benefit!!!

This week we also had to make and  avatar. Before I make an avatar I need to know what one is. An avatar is used as a small identification that pops up in the top left corner of a comment. It doesn’t give you away. Avatars shouldn’t be a real picture of yourself if you are a child. You may get cyber bullied if this is the case. It is best to have an image of something you like a animal or cartoon character. Here is my avatar:Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 4.39.02 PM

This avatar does represent me but in a different style if you unpack the image it will show you what I like. In real life I have middle length blonde hair, which is usually tied in a high pony-tail. The reason I have a jester hat on my head is that I am quite ridiculous and funny at the best of times. The book I hold in my hands is because I LOVE reading. I read most genres and love tragedy. The colouration of my pants and shirt are deliberate too! My favourite coulours are turquoise and light blue. For the pants well, the other colours were way to bright as I don’t wear fluro yellow pants. Do you? Finally the background of my avatar on the moon represents my adventurous nature. I love to take risks and try new things. I am sure Neil Armstrong was a risk taker!

This is a great website to create lego avatars on:

http://www.reasonablyclever.com/mini-mizers/classic-kid-safe- mini-mizer/

If you have a blog I would be happy to look at it so put the URL in a comment and in no time at all i’ll have a look at your blog!

Keep being awesome!

Claire

6 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge Week 1

1. G’day Claire,
    What a great first post for the challenge! I hope you enjoy the rest of the activities over the next few weeks. You don’t have to do every activity every week especially if you are on holidays or school breaks.

2. I am so impressed with your blog post. I knew it was going to be good when I saw the theme of your blog and your tagline. You are going to be a force in this Student Blog Challenge.

3. Hi Claire!

I really appreciate the amount of detail you put in your post! Check mine out on my blog!

miaroub.edublogs.org